As things open back up in the state of Oregon…. don’t forget about YOU. When is the last time you treated yourself to a deep tissue massage or other spa services? We all need some downtime and what better way than relaxing your mind while pampering your body? I mean, it’s the holiday season… time to treat yourself…and maybe a friend! Get pampered and relax.
If you’re too busy to even contemplate an hour at the spa, then you probably need it even more!
If you spend your days taking care of children or elders, you’re probably long overdue for a few hours of total indulgence. Perhaps you are retired living on a modest fixed income but just received a gift card or happy birthday money?!
In any scenario, you can’t go wrong by visiting Gervais Day Spa & Salon, an Aveda Salon located in North Central in Medford or Be Cherished, an Aveda Salon in Ashland on East Main. They are both five-star marvelous in my book.
Here are some great ideas for self-care time:
- A professional pedicure including a soothing foot massage; my mother and I went and each had a fabulous pedicure, side by side.
- 30-minutes or more, Healing massage therapy – many options are available. When my husband and I went, we had access afterward to a large, beautiful shower room stocked with Aveda body care products. I have to say it was one of the best massages of my entire life, at Gervais Day Spa in Medford.
- A new custom haircut/hairstyle, highlighting or hair color including an amazing scalp massage; allow a full hour! These Salons are always busy for a reason – their clients love the experience and final results.
- A rejuvenating facial from a professional skin therapist using pure, organic products
- Natural nail care with a skilled manicurist
- Purchasing something from the Aveda retail store – maybe a little Pure-Fume™ (different from conventional perfume which may contain artificial fragrance many folks are allergic to)
It’s important to feel good about the local businesses you support, and you won’t regret spending dollars at our local Aveda salons. Aveda’s mission is to care for the world we live in. The Aveda products are never tested on animals and contain all pure, plant-based ingredients. They work with responsible packaging materials as much as possible and responsible manufacturing methods.
“Our mission at Gervais is to work as a team with integrity and positivity; to achieve our very best, and show each guest our devotion to ensure their experience is a happy one”
“Be Cherished is committed to providing personal care, services, and beauty products that reflect responsibility and integrity on an individual, environmental and professional level.”
Aveda Medford “Gervais Day Spa & Salon”
-By Vanessa Newman