Rogue Valley Magazine’s Business of the Week
Why I Love Wild River Pizza
When someone says, “let’s go out to eat”, where do you like to go?
Here’s why I love going to Wild River Pizza, Medford.
- As you drive up, the wonderful aroma of delicious food greets you, before you even open the front door of the restaurant. There is ample parking, even for large groups.
- “Old World cooking” means they create authentic made-from-scratch meals, using many local ingredients. Bread and pizza dough, for example, are made fresh daily, among other delectable items on the extensive menu.
- Wild River Pizza makes the best wood-fired oven-baked pizza in the valley. There is a special right now for a slice of pizza and a salad for just $6.95, weekdays only, 10:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Wild River makes the best taco pizza I’ve ever tasted; their plain cheese pizza is to die for. Did I mention I love their pizza? The taco salad is superb as well.
- Birthday parties (and more): the ambiance is great, customer service is excellent, and there is ample seating inside and out. The restaurant can seat about 300, not that you would ever need that many seats, hopefully! Their long tables are fun for celebrations, and there are separate alcoves to choose from. Ask about their price-per-person deals. The facility itself is handsome, clean, spacious and charming in Pacific Northwest style. Built in 2006, it still seems fresh and new.
- If you love crisp green salads (and I do), theirs are fantastic. So are their dressings. The ranch dressing is always popular but my favorite is the raspberry vinaigrette. It is wonderful!
- If you like the occasional beer, (and I do), their Wild River Brewing operation provides 12 award-winning microbrews on tap (exclusively) to all the Wild River locations, including Medford.
- Pub fries: Yum! I like the reasonable prices and large portions, for fries and everything else.
- Last but not least, this restaurant is family-owned. The owners regularly and generously give back to the community. They partner with local schools, nonprofits, and youth groups; for example, they are the main sponsor for Medford’s softball, baseball, and volleyball teams! Yay!
My “home” location for Wild River is the Medford restaurant, located at 2684 North Pacific Highway not far from one of my favorite grocery stores, Natural Grocers.
Wild River has five locations total: Medford, Cave Junction, two in Grants Pass, and Brookings Harbor. Where is the nearest Wild River Pizza to you?
Phone, Wild River Medford: (541) 773-7487
HOURS: Open 10:30 am to 10:00 pm daily; open Friday and Saturday nights ‘til 11 pm