Oregon Public Health Week is a weeklong series of events organized by the state’s public health partners as part of National Public Health Week to promote continuing health and wellness for all Oregonians.
The 2019 series of events is focused on community partnership development, one of the seven foundational capabilities of Oregon’s public health modernization initiative, http://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/About/TaskForce/Pages/index.aspx. All events are free and open to the public.
The Events will take place monday, April 1st, through Friday, April 5th, at the Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St, Portland, first floor conference rooms. Some of the events will be live-streamed. Here is the schedule!
Monday, April 1
- 9-10:30 a.m. – Trauma-Informed Approaches Around Oregon, Room 1A; watch live-stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2GXkPHFbE.
- 11 a.m. to noon – Engaging Community for Healthy Food and Active Transportation Systems Improvements: Lessons from the City of Gresham, Room 1A; watch live-stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmsqu_YGrwE.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Building Community by Being Community, Room 1B.
- 1-2 p.m. – End HIV Sponsorship Project, Room 1A.
Tuesday, April 2
- 9-9:45 a.m. – Community Building Overview, Room 1D.
- 10-11 a.m. – Locally Grown and Community Driven, Room 1E.
- 12:05-12:35 p.m. – PSOB Wellness Center Presents: Chair Yoga, Room 1E.
- 2-3 p.m. – Varieties of Public Participation for Public Health Modernization, Room 1D.
Wednesday, April 3
- 8-10 a.m. – OHA Employee Resource Group Open House Event: Parent and Caregiver Tea, Room 1D.
- 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Adolescent Health Day, Room 1E.
- 12:05-12:35 p.m. – PSOB Wellness Center Presents: Balance Class, Room 1D.
- 10-11:30 a.m. – HPV Cancers: Community Partnerships, Clinical Expertise, and Personal Experience, Room 1B.
Thursday, April 4
- 9:30-10 a.m. – Growing Together: Nurturing a Partnership Between Families and Oregon’s Birth Anomalies Surveillance System Team, Room 1D.
- 10-11 a.m. – OHEA: Evaluating and Planning Community-Powered Change, Room 1B.
- 11-11:30 a.m. – Problem Gambling: Why Is It Important to You? Room 1D.
- 1-2 p.m. – Continuous Process Improvement Through Community Engagement of Equity Partners, Room 1B.
Friday, April 5
- 10-11 a.m. – Getting Started with Community Engagement, Room 1E.
- 11 a.m. to noon – Establishing, Developing and Sustaining a Health Equity Work Group: A Strategy to Change How Your Section Engages with Community Partners, Room 1E.