ODFW Recreation Report
February 13, 2020
Highlights from this week’s Recreation Report:
Fish For Free This Weekend!
It’s Free Fishing Weekend Feb. 15 & 16
This weekend you won’t need a license, tag or endorsement to fish, crab or clam anywhere in Oregon that’s open – to fishing, crabbing and clamming. Looking for some ideas? We happen to have some.
- It’s prime winter steelhead fishing on the north and mid-coast, and rivers should be in great shape for at least the early part of the weekend.
- The Sandy and Clackamas rivers also will be prime for good winter steelheading.
- Some anglers have been catching their limits of hatchery steelhead on the South Umpqua.
- Several water bodies along the mid-coast, and in the Willamette and SW zones will be stocked with trout this week.
- Trout fishing has been good (and for big fish, too) in Priday, Krumbo and Malheur reservoirs.
- And for something a little different, check out the wiper fishing in Ana Reservoir.
- Some extra-large trout (three pounders) will be stocked in several north Willamette waterbodies just in time for Free Fishing weekend: Henry Hagg Lake (500), St, Louis Ponds (500), EE Wilson Pond (500), Sheridan Pond (150) and Willamina Pond (150).
Add a Premium Hunt application to your shopping cart
You could draw an additional deer, elk or pronghorn tag
Premium Hunts are your chance to draw a second tag in addition to your controlled or general season tag. The application deadline is May 15, but you don’t have to wait ‘til then to apply.
Learn more about Premium Hunts
Sign up for Hunter Education
There are classes and field days open now
If you’ve got new hunters in your family, sign them up now for their hunter education, which is required for all hunters 18 and under.
Explore more in the Roguevalleymagazine.com Sports and Outdoors Page HERE.
Back to our Rogue Valley Magazine Homepage